Monday, December 27, 2010

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Something has developed that may offer a glimpse into what my life will be like well into the future.

I've noticed significant pains in my lower back and left side for the last couple of days.

It's quite possible that this discomfort has nothing to do with my cancer, and everything to do with the list of modest chores I chose to tackle a few days ago. These weren't arduous tasks, but they were enough to leave me a bit winded. Could I have strained my damaged, out-of-shape body enough to cause the pain?

But from now on, any soreness at all will remind me of last winter and spring, and the pain in my torso which led to my diagnosis of multiple myeloma. Each future discomfort will forever be viewed as suspect. I'll have no choice but to get it checked by medical personnel. I fear I'll be haunted like this for the rest of my life.

There is an odd coinicidence and break, though. I've long been scheduled for an extensive series of x-rays to check on the condition and progress of my bones. That session will be later this morning. And next Monday, December 27 I have a consultation, and a bone treatment with Aredia, also originally scheduled quite a while back. The timing couldn't have been luckier and better. I must assume that any serious problems will be caught and evaluated quickly. I'll have to ease my mind this Christmas with that thought. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment