Friday, December 17, 2010

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

More fun today.

This morning, a plastic surgeon operated on a mole on my scalp. It needs to be removed to improve the appearance of my dome, in case I decide to go the "Mr. Clean" route. It also needs to be biopsied to check it for problems. It's in the way of my comb, my razor, and my barber, which could lead to "issues."

The anesthesia was local, and the operation quick. The discomfort was not enough to complain about. However, the bandage covering the operation and stitches was sewn directly to my scalp. Nurse Cratchet, back home, will need to snip two stitches in a few hours to remove the bandage and allow the incision to begin healing. I wondered if she was up to the task.

I needn't have worried. She was terrific. Nary a word of doubt or complaint. Perhaps Florence Nightingale would be a better name.

No comments:

Post a Comment