Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday, September 12th


Today marks the one month anniverary of Ed's Port insertion. We are being told that it may be removed by this coming weekend. The attached picture is Ed's nurse Christine from the stem cell program. This is where Ed sits hooked up to IV's every single day for about 4 hours. Today Ed's white blood cells jumped from 0.2 to 0.8 since yesterday!! No transfusion toay. :)

While I was driving down the Northway on the way to the hospital this morning, I hear this low gutteral voice next to me annouce "Boy am I sick of this S*#%". I laughed so hard I almost drove off the road!

We want to thank Iain and Sheena, our friends from England, for their wonderful message. Brings back memories of last summer's party in their beautiful botanical garden. The support Ed is receiving from his family, friends, and mates from across the pond has been beneficial to his healing. I am totally convinced that Ed's positive attitude has helped him heal faster and stronger. During this procedure there have been some side effects that surprisingly haven't affected him. So far he has not lost his hair which was supposed to happen by now. The Good Lord may be sparing him becuase he didn't have that much to begin with!

Did I mention that Albany Med. also has a Starbucks?
Did I also mention that caregivers generally receive a "Pandora" bracelet for thier efforts?

1 comment:

  1. I love how you mention "Ed's positive attitude" and his lovely comment in the car in the same blog post. Yeah, some positive attitude!!! :-) God bless you for putting up with him Donna!!! (Just kidding...just kidding...)

    ReplyDelete